However, choosing the right camera for music videos can be difficult, especially when you have no idea where or what to get. This article provides a detailed description of five video cameras you can purchase for that purpose. It also has a detailed buying guide towards the end to help you choose the best camera, just in case you do not find one in this list. Keep reading for more information.
Table of Contents:
- ORDRO Camcorder 4K Video Camera
- VAFOTON 4K Video Camera Camcorder
- Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- KICKTECH Video Camera Camcorder
- SEREE Video Camera
- Buying Guide
1. ORDRO Camcorder 4K Video Camera
The ORDORO camcorder 4K video camera stands out for a 3.1-inch capacitive IPS touchscreen, 270-degree rotation, and 30X digital zoom. It is excellent for shooting high-quality, vivid 4K music videos. With a Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor, the camera automatically adjusts the resolution to anything between 13MP and 24.0MP. It can sense the surroundings and automatically adjust to the general lighting.
If you intend to shoot for long hours, you need a camera with good battery life. The ORDORO camcorder has a 3.7-volt 1700mAh rechargeable battery for more extended recording periods. When the battery dies down, you can recharge it as you capture footage for your music videos. It comes with several accessories, including a professional carrying case, battery charger, lens hood, two batteries, a USB charger, a card reader, an HDMI cable, and so on.
It connects to wi-fi, giving you the power to control it on your smartphone or tablet via the D Video App. Depending on your device, the app is downloadable from Google Play or App Store. Besides, the camera features infrared night vision, enabling regular photo and video functions in the dark.
Thanks to the external mono microphone, the camera cuts out the noise and enhances the sound effects. You don't have to worry about ambient noise interfering with your music in live filming situations. The camera has a professional 0.39X wide-angle lens, capturing a tiny, meticulous landscaped, and expansive view.
2. VAFOTON 4K Video Camera Camcorder
Whether you own a Vlog or produce music videos, the VAFOTON 4K video camera camcorder is a must-have product. The latest CMOS image sensor boasts 16X digital zoom and 4K sharp and smooth music videos. It comes with a handheld stabilizer for stability when recording on-the-go videos. During your music video shooting sessions, the 1080P 60FPS camera delivers a higher frame rate.
Thanks to the built-in wi-fi connectivity, the VAFOTON camera is good for livestreaming sessions. You can stream the content live on YouTube or Facebook and entertain your followers as you record your music videos. Besides, you can quickly transfer and share videos to a mobile device through wi-fi connectivity.
It comes with a 2.4G remote control, allowing convenient camera operations 360 degrees in a 65-foot radius without obstruction. Other accessories include a lens hood, two batteries, and an external microphone. The lens hood shields the lens from possible damage, while the external microphone features XY stereo pickup technology for the noise canceling and elimination.
You can also turn the VAFOTON camera into an effective webcam for excellent video quality while streaming on social media sites like Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and so on. It has adaptive technology, including anti-shake, beauty face, face detection, continuous shooting, self-timer, auto power-off, IR night vision, and 3-inch 270-degree rotation touchscreen.
3. Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
The Zoom Q8 could be the best camera for music videos, especially given its ability to support up to five HD video modes. You can choose anything among the available WVGA, 1296P, 2304P modes with this camera. It all depends on the kind of video quality you want.
It comes with a full-color rotating LCD screen through which you can preview the video footage as you record. Since it's full-color, the screen displays all the on-scene details so that you can select what you intend to shoot. It rotates to any angle, making it possible for you to maintain your position even as you turn the camera to record video footage.
The Zoom Q8 comes with a detachable X/Y microphone that reduces ambient noise to capture only the sound from the song you're recording a video. When filming in the field, you don't have to worry about capturing unwanted noises in your footage.
It is compatible with all microphone capsules from Zoom, making it possible to purchase replacement microphones separately. With the high-quality 160-degree wide-angle lens, the camera allows you to select suitable viewing angles. You can use the camera to record up to four audio tracks simultaneously, making it perfect for music videos.
4. KICKTECH Video Camera Camcorder
The KICKTECH video camera camcorder is the best camera for music videos, especially when it comes to its lightweight and petite frame. It is perfect for carrying along on-length shooting strips that require you to bring the camera all the time. You can use it to record music videos and sports events, weddings, and birthday parties.
It comes with a 3.0-inch capacitive touchscreen that can rotate for up to 270 degrees. The 13MP CMOS image sensor adapts to changes in lighting and other environmental factors to give you 4K music videos. Other video-enhancing features include IR night vision, IR-CUT light filter, and wi-fi connectivity.
If you're looking for a camera with reliable battery life, this product from KICKTECH is what you need. Its 3.7V battery can last through 3-hour shooting sessions without requiring a recharge. Before using the camera for the first time, charge the battery for 8 hours.
The camera has an external stereo microphone, capturing high-quality audio for music videos. It's also great for use during conferences, symposia, media interviews, speeches, and courses. The X/X mic works with the low-cut filter to reduce ambient noise. You can take photos and videos using the included remote control in a five-meter radius.
This camcorder's most attractive features include ultra-HD mode, loop record, auto picture, time record, photo interval, and sharpness sensitivity. It is compatible with devices using computer operating systems like Windows and Mac-OS. If you want more storage, you can install a 128GB SD card, which you will buy separately.
5. SEREE Video Camera
The SEREE Video Camera comes with a handheld stabilizer for the steady on-the-go shooting of high-quality music videos. Apart from stable videos, the camera has 60FPS for faster frame refresh. Other key features include 48.0P, 4K resolution, face detection, and a self-timer. It is suitable for both video recording and livestreaming.
It includes a new autofocus function that makes it extremely easy to operate. Apart from autofocusing, the camera automatically clears images, providing you with crystal-clear videos. Thanks to the 30X digital zoom, you can see distant sceneries vividly.
You can connect the camera to a PC using a USB cable and transfer photos and videos via the PC mode. You can use it for live broadcasting on social media or chatting with your friends and family. Whether you want to stream content on YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook, a Wi-Fi-compatible camera makes it extremely easy for you.
It comes with a 4500mAh battery that can provide you with 3 to 4 hours of continuous recording on a full charge. Besides, you can recharge the battery in the middle of a video shooting session, removing any worries about the battery running out on you. Through the XDV PRO app, you can control video recording and upload functions. Remote control operation is also possible with this camera, making it convenient.
Best Camera for Music Videos – Buying Guide
Shooting a good music video requires a high-quality camera. However, choosing the right camera can be a big issue, especially if you have no idea what to look for. The purpose of this buying guide is to help you choose a camera to give you the best music videos you can ever have. Here are some of the factors you must consider:
1. Your Budget
Before purchasing a video camera, you should check if its price falls within your budget. After all, you can only have a camera which you can afford. Even though video cameras can be expensive, you can easily find one you can afford. But that doesn't mean going for a low-budget camera lacking the features to give you high-quality videos. Therefore, as you survey the market, compare the available video cameras in terms of their features and pick the best in your price category.
2. Type of Camera
Once you have determined how much money you can spend, narrow it down to the type of camera. You want to be sure that the camera you choose can capture the high-quality music videos you need. The following are some of the video cameras available on the market:
- Cellphone Camera: Video cameras have been available on cellphones for some time now. The quality of these cameras keeps improving with each version of branded cellphones. For example, Apple and Samsung have the reputation of having 4K video cameras. Therefore, they can shoot high-quality music videos when operated by a professional. They have built-in image stabilizers for when you have to shoot videos on the move.
- Camcorders: Camcorders are the most commonly available cameras for shooting music videos. Even though lacking in the features of expensive cinematic cameras, they are simple to operate. Most of them come with autofocus and built-in zoom functionality. Most of the cameras in this article are camcorders. They have LCD or touchscreen monitors to help you view the sceneries long before shooting.
- Mirrorless or DSLR Cameras: DSLR cameras can capture photos and videos to the highest possible quality. A DSLR camera is the best choice if you're looking for 4K music videos. Some of them come with interchangeable lenses for enhanced video quality. However, unlike camcorders, they do not have a built-in mic. Therefore, you have to purchase the microphone separately.
- Pro Video Cameras: From its name, this type of camera is clearly for professional filmmakers. Even though they are of the highest possible quality, these cameras are great for shooting music videos. They have interchangeable lenses and high-end sensors for high-quality 4K footage. Unlike the DSLR cameras, the devices in this category have built-in microphones for music videos, professional interviews, and live news broadcasts.
3. Camera Features
The best camera for music videos should essentially have certain minimum features, including the following:
- Resolution: The cameras on the market may have HD, Full-HD, 4K, or 8K video output resolution. With 4K videos, you have the flexibility of editing anyhow you like. However, the files can take up a lot of storage space.
- Frame Rate: The frame rate can be 25FPS, 30FPS, 60FPS, or 120FPS, representing the number of frames a camera can shoot per second.
- Recording Limits: Video cameras often come with recording restrictions, which could limit you. For example, some cameras can only record for 29 or 59 minutes. Others tend to overheat when shooting high-resolution videos.
- Audio: Once you have a camera capable of shooting good footage, you must now focus on the audio quality. Why would you have a high-quality video with poor-quality audio, especially for a music video?
Best Camera for Music Videos – FAQs
What camera is best for making music videos?
The best camera for making music videos is one that provides high-quality footage. In essence, video resolution matters a lot. Notably, the video camera should be affordable.
Which equipment do I need to shoot a music video?
Apart from a camera, it would help with a lighting kit, headphones, music players, speakers, microphones, interchangeable lenses, a music player, and a gimbal stabilizer or tripod.